Saturday, July 25, 2015

To the Moon and Back...

Here is a look at my latest quilting project. I have thoroughly enjoyed quilting for all our babies. It takes a while to hand stitch everything, but I LOVE the feel of each and every stitch. There is a definite difference in the look and feel of something hand stitched, as opposed to machine quilted. It is definitely less perfect, but I love it all the more! With this quilt I decided I would branch out and try rectangles instead of squares...I'm a daredevil, what can I say? I have been experimenting lately with little hand-cut templates to stitch designs onto the squares and rectangles. So far I've tried hearts, flowers, and moons...


I decided that since baby can't actually use the quilt yet, it would be a nice piece of art to hang behind the crib. I was going for a moon and stars theme with this quilt and I think it turned out nicely. I can't wait to show our little one his new space. 




No comments:

Post a Comment