Sunday, November 20, 2011

Decor Updates...

Hello All!

Pull up a chair and a cup of coffee and join me! I'm enjoying a moment of giving myself permission to forget the laundry, dishes, and ironing...and I'm sharing some pictures with you all! (Okay, let's be serious. We both know I wasn't going to be ironing. You get the picture.)

Before the pictures, though...let's talk plans. Landscaping plans. My husband and I have agreed that we want a 1-year, 3-year, and 5-year plan for our landscaping goals. The end product sounds a little like this...

Swingset/sandbox area
Large deck with grilling area
Flower bed by deck
Defined driveway
Large vegetable garden
Lots of flowers
4-6 Fruit trees
Pool/deck with seating/lighting
Brick wall around the backyard
Firepit/Large swing area/pretty wood storage
Flowers around front porch in defined area
Ditch with no rocks

And what will I be wearing while tending this beautiful area? A long flowing, floral cotton dress, basket draped over one arm, one hand blocking the glorious sunlight from my eyes while I look longingly into the distance and the wind gently blows said dress....well...at least that's how I see it in my head. Anyway...back to the present...

Here's a peek at the bathroom redo...


Why am I only showing you the new handles that my newly-handy husband put on? Because I'm not finished with the rest, of course...It is brown, though...and I love the warm chocolate-y color.

Did I ever show you the kitchen? I've got some ideas about wall color and backsplash...and definitely a new light fixture...but here it is now:

Maybe new countertops, eventually...we'll see. We had two new appliances when we moved in, and were gifted with a fridge from my parents. So thankful for that!

On top of the stove back there...is a little art project I finished this summer. I took an old pan (Who knew that $3 bargain pans from Wally World wouldn't be so good...you did? Well I didn't. Now I do. Moving on...) and spray painted it, painted detail on, and thus made a recipe magnet board.

And there you have it!

Thanks for joining me!

Tending the field I've been given -

=) Dessa


No comments:

Post a Comment