Friday, November 25, 2011

Christmas Wreath


Today I made a Christmas wreath out of scrapbook paper, cardboard, ribbon, and tape. It was so easy! I saw a picture in the Family Circle magazine which showed a set to make the same thing for $20. I had all the materials to make mine, so it was free! =)

Here are some pics of the process and the finished project...


The above is showing the box flaps that were used for this spur of the moment craft...I traced a cup for the smaller circle and a mixing bowl for the bigger.

I took several 12x12 scrapbook papers and cut them into 4 6x6 squares each. I rolled them up into cones and used a small piece of tape to secure them. I then placed them in a circle and re-taped and adjusted until I liked the look of it. It worked out a lot better when the bottom was smaller and the top was fanned out bigger.


I then adhered them to the cardboard. I added the ribbon for hanging and an embellishment that appropriately says, "Home Sweet Home."

We are so happy to be celebrating Christmas in our own home this year. We even put up two strands of lights today! We need to get a few more...so if you pass by and it looks sparse, we're working on it. =)

Happy 1st day of the Christmas season!




No comments:

Post a Comment