Sunday, May 8, 2011

Weekly Update - 39 Weeks

How Far Along: 39 weeks

Size of the Baby: About 19-21 inches

Weight: 6-7 lbs.

Mommy's weight gain: (A whopping) 55 lbs!
Can we say swollen? As in my feet, ankles, face, hands, etc?

Gender: IT'S A BOY!

Name: We decided! =)

Movement: His movement is more like shifting these days...poor guy has ran out of room!

Cravings: I don't think I have been craving much. In fact, I haven't been as hungry in general. I don't think I have enough room in there to feel empty...

Symptoms: I still have heartburn and trouble sleeping. I had to spend a night in the hospital to have my blood pressure monitored...and to do some testing on my lungs. I have bronchitis...and I have no idea what's going on with my BP.

Baby: "One uncomfortable complaint of late pregnancy is frequent hiccups. No, not you, your baby. Because there is no air around your baby, when she practices breathing, it can cause amniotic fluid to get into her windpipe, resulting in those regularly spaced thumps that make you think you're carrying a jumping bean in your belly. Other news this week:

The lanugo (an exotic word for soft, downy hair) that used to cover your baby's body has mostly disappeared, but you may find a bit leftover on the shoulders, forehead and neck. "

No comments:

Post a Comment