Monday, July 19, 2010

Change

My husband and I have been talking. Talking and praying. Talking and praying and packing. Talking and praying and packing and decision making. Some tough decisions. Some decisions that involve (you guessed it!) talking, praying, packing and decision making.

Change is coming. I don't know in what ways yet, but it's coming. I can feel it in my spirit.

I am not convinced I really like change. I am, however, realizing that life never stops changing. I might as well hold on for the ride.

For one thing, we are moving in less than three weeks. We are starting fresh at a newer, nicer, slightly bigger place. That makes me feel good. Of course, I don't necessarily need bigger or newer....But non-leaking appliances and a kitchen ceiling without a hole in it would be nice.

R is going into 1st grade. We are starting a brand new school year in a few weeks. Trying a different approach this year. Hoping and praying to do a good job and create an environment he can thrive in.

And still... it just feels like there is more change coming...Something that God hasn't showed us yet. But I am learning to trust Him and take refuge in His arms. After all, He is the only entity that doesn't change! He is my constant friend, companion, and helper. And whatever He has for us, He will surely bring us through it, just as He has done so many times.

By His help and grace we have:

Stayed married even though the odds were against us.

Came through very private struggles that have brought us closer together.

Survived unemployment.

Fought and continue to fight financial struggles from the past.

Been blessed with a nicer vehicle. (Compared to: the silver car with a swimming pool in the back floor board OR The red truck whose radio wouldn't work while the headlights were on OR The white van that sounded like a freight train going down the tracks. =)

And there is more. Too many second chances, forgiven mistakes, blessings, and triumphs to tell. He has brought us through this far, helped us, given us victories, let us learn in defeats, forgiven us, helped us, saved us. And thankfully, He never ever changes.

John Waller
"While I'm Waiting"

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience

While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait

I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord




No comments:

Post a Comment