Monday, August 11, 2014

Advice for Vacation Rental Owners

I'm in the process of looking for candidates for a vacation home rental. There are so many ugly houses. Let me make it clear that I don't consider myself an interior design guru...but even I can think of some humorous and true advice for rental home owners. Here goes...


(From a prospective renter's p.o.v.)


1) Hire a professional photographer. Your phone doesn't cut it.

2) Never (and I mean never) purchase or make a denim slipcover.

3) Toilets should only ever be white.

4) Never use a toilet seat cover. They're gross.

5) Don't have personal pictures on display.

6) Invest in flat screens. People expect it.

7) Don't forget to take a picture of the exterior of the rental.

8) Futons are not living room furniture.

9) If your house looks like it was possibly decorated by Danny Tanner, it might be time for an update.

10) Don't leave the plunger out. We want to know it's there...but not see it. =D

11) There really is a baseline of what MOST people find appealing...find it. I'm fairly certain neon isn't in that category.

Here's to hoping I find a great vacation rental before next spring...


No comments:

Post a Comment