Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Flood Update #2


This past weekend was a whirlwind of work and progress on the house. Saturday we had a family crew of 6, plus my husband and I. Admittedly we (my husband and I) were nearly useless in the face of a large group who all seemed to have a vast knowledge of all things flooring. So we sat there and helped with grunt work when needed. (Me with my foot propped up. More on that later.)


I really love the new flooring. I wanted something darker but not espresso dark. This was my favorite laminate and also (bonus) a very inexpensive option. As you can see in the above picture, the door is officially off the former school closet. It has a bench, corkboard, and reading light waiting for its completion. Can't wait to have a reading nook. =)

In other news, I turned 29 last week. And as lots of introverts would probably feel, I wanted to spend the night at home. After my husband got home we took a trip to Wal-Mart to get supplies which included mismatched party supplies (Each child was allowed to pick out a certain part of the festive tableware), Sonic food, and the below chocolate cake. After the mini-party and several bedtimes, my husband and I ordered pizza and watched shows on the laptop. And it was absolutely perfect. 


Somewhere between the birthday and the weekend, I twisted my ankle. Like most people, I've done it before, but this time has been more lasting. Swelling, bruising, and an irritating ankle brace later, and I'm still not 100%. But let's face it, working to get a house back together while homeschooling and taking care of 3 children is WAY too easy. Doing it with a limp is much more gratifyingly difficult. (Wow. Can't believe spell-check didn't underline gratifyingly.) 

Until the next time, I leave you with a song much more positive than that last paragraph. 






No comments:

Post a Comment