Saturday, January 12, 2013

I'm SICK! YESSSSS!!!!!!!!

I have a problem. I'm not crazy. I haven't been feeling completely exhausted for no reason. I have a problem! Aren't you happy for me?! I've known about the vitamin D. I've dealt with pregnancy symptoms before...but this was different.

For months I have felt so tired...with most days spent in the comfort of my bed. I've cried, I've prayed, I've been angry. Vitamins didn't help. Naps didn't help. I was constantly tired and increasingly discouraged. Actually I am still constantly tired...just a little less discouraged.

As it turns out my thyroid levels are so high that instead of feeling manic (as one would with a regularly too high level), I end up feeling (as my lovely OBGYN put it) like a slug.

Oh that word! It truly epitomizes how I've felt for months! And now it all makes sense!

I'm to make an appt. with an endocrinologist next week to discuss treatment options. I have these lovely little lumps on my thyroid that must stay there until post pregnancy. So until then, hopefully meds will take this fog away.

So until the next time, wish me health to go along with my relief! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment