Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Getting toasty

"The term, housewarming is descended literally from the act of warming a new house, in the days before central heating. Each guest would bring firewood, and build fires in all the available fireplaces, offering firewood as a gift." ~ Wikipedia


Well shucks. We don't have a fireplace, but we are having a housewarming very soon. After seven moves from apartment to apartment...we finally bought a house. And we LOVE it!

Thankfully we are all moved in and unpacked. My new challenge is to clean the crumbs off my toaster! Crumbs? Toaster? Yeah...it's how my mind works. I've been noticing little things like that...and I'm sure everyone else will as well!

I keep the house pretty clean. (Come on, I have three kids and I homeschool...it ain't perfect. ;) However, since we found out about the housewarming party being given by our care group, I've put on my critical eyes and I've been noticing neglected details...like crumbs. I have fought really hard (What? You didn't know housework was a battlefield?) to get and keep our things organized. I've tried to make a place for everything. But, there are some things that usually don't catch my attention, and those are the things I've been obsessing over. So as I'm preparing and cleaning the house, I'm trying to be more particular than usual. But I just want to warn you...if you come and there isn't a toaster on the counter...don't look in the cabinets. =D


No comments:

Post a Comment