Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas - 2010

Guess what?? We just found the charger for our digital camera! So, hopefully I will be able to actually post pics soon...I took a few of our tree with my husband's cell phone and loaded one on fb, but apologies if anyone was looking for them on here.

Our Christmas this year included the following traditions:

  • Putting up our tree very early (beginning of November)
  • The Christmas countdown calendar (which began December 1st)
  • Christmas at Granny's in KY
  • Christmas date with my Baba
  • Christmas Eve at Great-Grandmama's House
  • Christmas Day at Grandpa and Grandma's House
  • Gold, Frankincense, and Myrrh gifts for the kids

We had a good time (and survived the long drive) in Kentucky this year...We got to see my cousin who is 1 now. We hadn't seen her since her birth...And we got to see the rest of my Mama's side of the family. We also ordered pizza! Made me very happy! =)

This year, Baba took a day off to have our date day (our Christmas present to each other). My mom watched the kids for us while we went out for lunch, a movie, and Christmas shopping. We enjoyed a new pizza parlor, the new Narnia movie, and shopping for the kids. (In peace!)

On Christmas Eve we joined my Daddy's side of the family for their Christmas celebration. R was recovering from a week of sickness, and had to sit with me the whole time and refrain from playing with his cousins...poor guy. He is better now, though, thankfully!

We ended up staying the night with my mom and dad that night because of the weather...and so we got up at 4:30 the next morning in our jammies and prepared for opening gifts! We had a great time and spent the day playing games and cooking treats and appetizers. We capped the day off with all our yummy foods and a couple of pre-ordered rotisserie chickens from Wal-Mart. =)

We decided again this year to stick with giving our children 3 gifts. We theme them around the Christ-child gifts from the Magi: gold, frankincense, and myrrh. We want to keep Christmas simple and meaningful for the kids...which is very hard to do, by the way.
We get them a "big" gift which is their "gold", a spiritual gift which is their "myrrh", and a gift for their body which is their "frankincense." Little man noticed his pile of presents before Christmas at my mom's...and asked me, "Why do I only get 3 gifts from you and Daddy, Mama?" Sigh.... I keep telling myself he's young and we will keep trying to impress on him the real meaning of giving and receiving.

We had a special Christmas season this year...and since I got a new white Christmas tree and ornaments for Christmas that match our bedroom, we will be putting up a "Winter tree" in our room to last the rest of winter...R and I are excited about keeping a little piece of decor up for the rest of the season! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment