Thursday, August 29, 2013

Menu Planning

Menu planning is my weakness. It's that one thing that I know would really help our family - financially and organizationally. I don't really know why it is so difficult for me. Every pay period I think of it...I try it, then it doesn't work. We don't stick to it, we buy things that are on sale but don't fit the plan, we buy the wrong things, someone gets sick, something else is easier, someone is picky (usually me...), and the list goes on and on...

I have printed planning templates aplenty, I've tried coupons, I've made list after list, I've planned for one store at a time, and multiple stores at a time.

I wonder if we are the only family out there struggling with this? It is one of those things that make me feel like I'm a bit of a failure. =P

I may not know exactly what the problem is, but here are some of my thoughts...

I hate cooking. Seriously. Hate. IT.
My husband usually cooks dinner. (and he doesn't get home until after 6)
My children are pretty picky.
I am EXTREMELY picky.
I am often sickly and tired by the time he gets home. (And this just complicates everything.)
Everything around the blogosphere is emphatically singing the praises of homecooked meals and wholesome eating...and I don't care what anyone says, that takes extra effort. I know it's worth it...but some of us don't have the effort to give... =(

One idea I've yet to try that looks a little promising is having a certain thing every weekday...like Tuesdays are taco night. ;)

In the meantime...it looks like asparagus, mac and cheese, and rotel dip for dinner...again. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment