Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

My sweet E turns 4 today! She has grown up so fast... She makes me laugh daily. She is a headstrong, stubborn, beautiful, and thoughtful child. She is such a joy to be around. We have gotten even closer as time has went by and I am so thankful for that. This morning she opened her gifts before Daddy left for work...



There is so much excitement around this time of year because we go from Thanksgiving to Christmas to New Years to E's birthday to my birthday. (I will be 27 years old. Umm...wasn't I just playing Barbies with my sisters yesterday?...) We aren't doing E's birthday party for a few more days...and she has the idea that when she has her party she'll turn 5. :)

In other happenings around our home, my sweet husband built his first piece of furniture...a writing desk...for me!



I really wanted a desk that was a.) cheap, and b.) real wood. (In other words not what comes in a box from Wally World.)I have some great gray paint to fix it up as soon as we get some wood filler. I also recovered an old foam message board from my sister, that I have hanging above it. I know I haven't shown you a pic of my room yet...but we are working on it. My Dad is even planning on constructing a headboard for our bed that is partially made from wood salvaged from our 100+ year family tobacco barn which was destroyed in the tornadoes in '06. I also haven't shown R's room because he and baby haven't joined together yet...plus we are planning on a new bed and a new setup for their room.

So...we've been busy around our house. How about you? Have you made any resolutions? Done any organization? I can tell you we are so happy with how our newly organized closet (along with other areas) is functioning for us.

Here's to a Happy New Year...

God Bless!

:)
Dessa

No comments:

Post a Comment