Monday, July 4, 2011

Independence Day


I hope you are all enjoying your 3 day weekend as much as we are. Yesterday was baby's first trip to Church. He spent most of the morning wanting to eat...which took me out of service the majority of the time...but I got to see and hug a lot of my friends whom I have missed these past few weeks.

On Saturday night, we decided it would be fitting to watch "1776" again. It is a musical take on the founding of the country...there are some historical inaccuracies - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1776_(musical) - but I think it does a good job of portraying the "founding fathers" as mere men who were taking a great risk, not the idol gods some make them out to be today. They were great men...but fallible imperfect people for sure.

Speaking of Independence Day, I want to wish a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my little sisters. Just when I thought I was being patriotic by being born on Inauguration Day...they just had to outdo me! It is so hard to believe that in a year's time, Lord willing of course, both my sisters will be married! Seems like yesterday we were setting up Barbie towns and fussing at W for running a laundromat monopoly. Good times.

Earlier today we decided to do something different when it came to working on chores and cleaning: we split up into 2 teams and drew chores out of a cup. Each team worked on theirs and tried to get done before the other team. I got the 2 little ones...and we were tied up until the last room (our bedroom)...but that's when it just took me too long to get it clean. The boys took the cleaning gold, and now I must make my way to the kitchen to prepare homemade coffee milkshakes for their reward. It's the least I can do for tricking them into cleaning the house. ;)

Have a great 4th everyone...
God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment