Saturday, January 8, 2011

A New Book and a New Recipe

Go buy this book: "A Proper Pursuit" by Lynn Austin.

Okay, okay...that was a little bossy...
But still, if you like fiction, it's worth the money. (Or trip to the library with 2 kids. Oh wait, that's me...)

This book made me laugh out loud. No, really! And at some parts I was giggling. Like a little girl. Like I do when I see something sweet, because I'm a hopeless romantic.

Other reasons to like this book:
~It is a historical fiction novel.
~It is a Christian romance.
~It didn't fizzle out in the last 30-40 pages. It was good to the very last page.




While you are reading this book...you should eat a coffee milkshake! Want a super-easy way to make them at home? And by super-easy I mean that even I can do it!


Dessa's Coffee Milkshakes:
3 Heaping tablespoons of Breyer's Coffee Ice Cream
1/3 cup 1 % Milk (you know, for your health and all)
and
1 tablespoon Hershey's chocolate syrup




Put all ingredients in a big see-through glass. Stir them together with a shiny metal spoon.
Keep stirring until the big lumps are gone. Or until all lumps are gone. I'll let you decide.
Spoon it into your mouth and thank me next time you see me.

(Just telling you what works for me. If you decide to do something reprehensible like use a plastic spoon or a cheap glass, don't come crying to me if it doesn't work...)

No comments:

Post a Comment